Contests are a great online marketing tool to generate leads and drive traffic to your website or online store. Some brands have shied away from diving into the world of contests, especially when it came to Facebook because the social media giant had a long laundry list of rules, regulations and restrictions about how to run contests on Facebook business and brand pages.
Things are looking up for those folks because Facebook recently changed its rules and loosened many of the restrictions that used to be in place.
The biggest change that has taken place with regard to Facebook contests and promotions is that businesses can now run them directly on their timelines (as opposed to through a 3rd-party app).
Facebook now allows businesses to do the following when it comes to promotions and contests:
- Collect entries by having users post on the page or comment/like a page post
- Collect entries by having users message the page
- Utilize likes as a voting mechanism
There are still some no-no’s and Facebook isn’t shy about what they are.
When running a Facebook contest or promotion, you can’t do the following:
- Require that people share a post or photo to be entered
- Require someone to post something on their own personal timeline or a friend’s timeline to enter
- Require people to tag themselves in a photo to either vote or enter
- Have anyone who likes your page be entered to win (contest does not take place on the timeline)
Just because these are currently the rules doesn’t mean they won’t change. Facebook is always changing things up so it pays to stay in the know about rules and regulations. But ultimately, contests and promotions are a great tool for Internet marketing professionals as well as brands and businesses.
And if you need some extra help with social media or anything else that has to do with Internet Marketing, contact us anytime.
You might like this other post on: How To Create Brand Messages That GET NOTICED
Our team at Loud Media Solutions knows how brand marketing can affect your business and we can help you take advantage of your social reach to convert!
For more new school marketing tips now, join our Do-it-yourself Marketing Academy
Contact us or leave a comment and let us know your thoughts?
If you would like any help or have questions, contact us anytime.
Oliver and Sam
Co-Founders and Branding Experts
Loud Media Solutions
Contact us for help: Click Here To Contact